Friday, January 15, 2010

5 on Friday

Running a little behind. That's not good when it's before noon. I knew I had to get a post up, but kept thinking it was for a sketch. What's that "better brain/better memory" supplement? I think I need to get some. It's been crazy busy, and there haven't even been any basketball games, excessive homework or other outside the house activities (though the car saga continues, we haven't been out this week.) I've been neck deep in shipping, follow-up and the like. When I've had the spare moment, I've been drooling over some of the new releases coming out at CHA -- fun, cute, gorgeous, can't-wait-to-get-my-hands-on-them excitement. Depending on ship-dates, you could see some as early as the March kits. What's on your calendar for this weekend? Here, basketball resumes with a game on Saturday. The boat show is in town, which is something DH looks forward to every year, even though we have a boat. So we'll grab some dinner tonight and head downtown to the convention center. It'll be a nice family outing. Sunday, looks like the weather, which has been sunny and fairly warm all week, will continue and we have a bonafide "down day." Is there cropping time in my future? Highly unlikely, but with today's 5 on Friday, there could be some in yours:
  • 2 sheets patterned paper
  • 1 set of blue buttons or brads
  • 1 naked chipboard piece; must stay naked
  • 1 length of ribbon

Only the items listed, plus journaling and title, are allowed on this layout. This challenge, as well as the other two from this week, are due to be linked up by Saturday evening to be eligible for a Cookie Jar Treat. I think I said, if you're a "never posted" person, you get a double entry and that I'd give away two prizes this week. We need to jump start the New Year ladies, those pages won't complete themselves! Come on. :)

Whatever you plans are, have a great weekend.

Photobucket

5 comments:

LindaR said...

I pulled out my newly arrived kit for this one. Gotta love new treasures to play with!

http://lookatlindasthings.blogspot.com/2010/01/5-on-friday-1-15.html

Kristin - The Fifth Sparrow No More said...

First time participating - fun challenges! You can find my layout here

-Kristin Perez

Nitasha said...

Here's mine...
http://myeyesandheart.blogspot.com/2010/01/apron-strings-layouts.html

Linda said...

Great challenge.....but the naked chipboard was really tough for me....I really wanted to add some Stickles. LOL

Here’s my card.

Rebecca K. said...

here's mine! maybe one day i'll get it done on TIME! :-)
http://www.serendipityscrapbooks.com/gallery/data/500/medium/0100117_ashers_first_christmas.jpg