Wednesday, December 23, 2009

25 Days of Sketches - Day 23

Holy cow, only two more days left. Of sketches that is. I'm in denial about Christmas being just two days away. As predicted, panic and mind-spinning has set in that I don't have everything, that I need to do some pre-cooking for tomorrow night, that I've forgotten something, that I have piles of gifts to wrap, that I have a ton of cleaning to do -- ahhhhh. Add to that I have dentist appointments for four of us later this morning that will take a good three hours out of my day. On the plus side -- it's snowing! Soft, powdery snow. Tiny flakes just sliding down from the sky. It won't continue through Christmas, but it'll be white and who can complain about that. So, I'll do my prep when I get home, set the a couple of the kids to do some wrapping for me, clean only the areas people will see and close the doors on the rest and find peace with the fact that I have plenty and if I didn't get everything, nobody's going to know but me. For those with time to spare, here's today's sketch by our very own Bessie Villegas. Another great sketch, Thanks Bessie!
As we continue to rush towards "the day" be sure you take some time to see the tiny magical moments around you; the sparkle of a tree light, the tiny snowflake perched on your windshield, the smell of goodies in the oven, the anticipation in a child as they pass the tree and try very hard not to look at or shake the presents underneath.
Enjoy your day.
Photobucket

3 comments:

LindaR said...

Here's mine, more Florida pics. Really making a dent in my pics. Not too many left. I used my Dec kit.

http://lookatlindasthings.blogspot.com/2009/12/day-23.html

Rebecca K. said...

here's mine!

http://shessomekindofcrazy.blogspot.com/2009/12/apronstrings-25-days-of-sketches.html

Nitasha said...

Here's mine...

http://myeyesandheart.blogspot.com/2009/12/apron-strings-designs-sketch-23.html