Monday, August 10, 2009

Blog Party Challenge #2

Hello scrappy friends...for those that don't know me let me introduce myself briefly. My name is Bessie and I live in New York with my 10 year hubby and two amazing kids. I came across Apron Strings back in 2005 and since then I've been a member. Ummm, enough said....being a member for almost 4 years says it all....more than satisfied with the customer service that Apron Strings gives their members and/or clients; I'm more grateful for all the ladies here that make me feel at home.
Anyway, I'm so glad for the opportunity to host a weekly challenge for all of you amazing and talented scrappy friends out there. These challenges will be eligible for what we call Cookie Jar Treats (scrappy products), which I have to say there are very yummy. To participate you just have to link to this post or post in our group if you are a member with your creation before Sunday at 7:00 pm Eastern time.
Well here is the challenge, I'm sure that all of us have a bunch of punches that we don't seem to use as often as we would like. Well, lets dust those punches off and lets go play. This week challenge is to make any embellishment of your liking with punches. As you can see this challenge has two purposes: play with your unused punches and help our pockets by making our own embellishments.
This is what I came up with...I used the threading water punch from Fiskars to make the flowers stems, a 1" & 2" circle for the body, as well as a 1" scalloped punch by Martha Stewart, and finally a heart punch by Martha as well for the leaves...I cut the heart in half and came up with the two leaves.
As you can see, all you need is a little bit of imagination and a little time to play. Can't wait to see what you create. Should you have any questions, post them in the comment section and I'll be happy to answer them.
Happy Monday,

No comments: