Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Patriotic (or not) Pages

Do you ever have those days where you get absolutely nothing done, but when you look back at the "why" nothing got done, you find you didn't do anything that occupied your day? Well, I've had several of those days in a row. I'm not seeming to accomplish anything, yet when I look at what's filling my days so much, nothing seems to be taking up my time. (shrug) What's a mom to do? How about scrapbook? Sometimes when we can't seem to get anything else accomplished creating a layout or two sure makes it feels like we did something. So, on one of these nothing-done days I had my youngest sister call to see if I wanted to scrapbook. I said "yes!" and I completed my first layout in 18 months. This Jenni Bowlin kit had been calling to me since we first put it together. So when I finally sat down to scrapbook this was my go to kit. I knew I wanted to scrapbook some 4th of July photos from a few years ago when we attended a really big backyard party and then went to the local fireworks show. These papers seemed perfect for the occasion. The obvious reason is the great red, white and blue color scheme. But the papers, while not your typical patriotic designs, had that backyard-small town-quaint feeling to them that would work well with the photos I had in mind.

The embellies that were paired with these papers are super fun and with the exception of the Bingo Card, they are, like the papers, usable with any event you want to scrapbook because they aren't patriotic in theme. So you've got the Bingo Card (which, really, could be used on any layout), the clear journaling card (got your Slick Writer?), a length of twill, some red rhinestones (totally sparkly) and a couple blooms . . . see, perfect for just about anything, including 4th of July.

This kit would also be great for any picnic or BBQ, not just those on the 4th, baseball or softball games and the bright color scheme would look great with winter activities.

So if you've had a done-nothing day, or you've been on a scrapbooking hiatus, take your cue from this kit, or any of the July kits that are just calling to you and get something accomplished.

Photobucket

No comments: